Technical Audio Design for Video Games
Sound Design Reel
Unity / FMOD: Footstep Surfaces
A structured approach to game audio
"Ray has been instrumental in the completion of our prototype and continuing development of our game. He is our audio lead, handling music composition, sound effects, and implementation in FMOD for Unity and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the work, his organization and attention to detail, and his on time and on budget service delivery. I look forward to continuing to work with him to see our project through to completion."
who am I?
- Three years of experience working in game audio
- Previously: Project Manager (app development)
- ...and before that: Sr. M&A Analyst
- Berklee: Game Audio Production (Certificate)
- HHL Graduate School of Management: Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- University of South Florida: International Relations (B.A.)
- Languages: English (native) / German (C2)
Originally from Florida, I've been a musician for more than 20 years and have been playing video games since the 90's. I moved to Germany, studied and then spent five years working in finance and technical project management. Along the way, I found the perfect combination of my passions in game audio and began to specialize.
Ever since, I try to always be learning, collecting experience working with Blueprint, C# scripts, middleware, and the plethora of sub-disciplines involved in working with audio for games. I've worked on a variety of projects in sound design, implementation, game music composition and producing / leading others.
- DAWs: Reaper, FL Studio, Pro Tools
- Middleware: Wwise, FMOD
- Game Engines: Unity, Unreal Engine
- Source Control: Git, Perforce